Translate with Google Translate
- what information ALNAP may collect about you;
- what ALNAP does with the information we gather about you;
- when ALNAP may use your details to contact you;
- whether ALNAP will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided;
- ALNAP's commitment to keeping your details secure;
1. General Terms
Be aware that the ALNAP's website contains links to other websites of interest operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we recommend that you review them as they will govern the use of personal information you submit whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites.
2. What information will ALNAP collect about me?
Information will be requested from you when you register as a Full or Observer Member. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable ALNAP and its service providers to deliver the services you select.
We may collect the following information:
- Name, organisation and job title;
- Contact information, including email address;
- Demographic information such as address and post code;
- Preferences and interests;
- Employment history, education, skills and references (if applying for a position or placement at ALNAP);
- Other information relevant to user surveys.
3. How will ALNAP use the information they collect and when will they contact me?
ALNAP will use your personal information to:
- Periodically send you email announcements about new publications, meetings or other information you may find interesting;
- Pass to a selection panel for consideration (in the case of online job applications);
- Contact you for service administration purposes (for instance, if you have forgotten your password or if you have posted a comment on our blog);
- Refine the outputs and services we offer; Employment history, education, skills and references (if applying for a position or placement at ALNAP);
- Invite you to participate in or contribute to specific research projects being undertaken by ALNAP researchers (participation is always voluntary).
Where ALNAP proposes using your personal information for anything other than what you originally signed up for, we will ensure to notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for use other than those listed above.
4. Will ALNAP share my personal details with anyone else?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or disclosure is required by law. In some instances, however, ALNAP may use third parties to process your information. On these occasions, we will require that these third parties comply strictly with our policy and will prohibit the use of your personal information for their own business purposes.
5. How will ALNAP keep my information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
While we strive to keep the information that you supply secure, because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that your information will remain 100% secure at all times.
6. How long will ALNAP keep my personal information?
The personal information you provide will be kept on our database for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. If you delete your account or request to be removed from our members register, your profile is tagged as inactive' and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
7. Can I access the personal details that ALNAP holds?
You may request details of personal information held about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of your personal information that we hold please write to the Group Administrator, ALNAP, ODI, 111 Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JD or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
ALNAP reserves the right to amend this policy by updating this page. For this reason, you may want to check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 June 2009.
9. What are cookies and how does ALNAP use them?
A cookie is a small file which helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- By email: email@example.com
- By post: ALNAP, ODI, 203 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8NJ
- By phone: +44 (0)20 7922 0300
Please address all queries to the Group Administrator.