Enhancing Quality and Accountability in Humanitarian Action
6-day multi-agency course on 'Enhancing Quality and Accountability in Humanitarian Action' in Naivasha, Kenya organized by FAO and the Inter Agency Working Group - Accountability and Impact Measurement.
This course aims to gather professional humanitarian workers from around the world who are leaders in promoting and implementing approaches for enhanced quality and accountability (Q&A).
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
• Identify the key Q&A initiatives and their products
• Outline the opportunities and challenges faced by humanitarian workers in implementing Q&A approaches and tools
• Select and adapt existing Q&A tools and resources to overcome challenges unique to your context
• Identify key Q&A activities and commitments for each stage of the project cycle
• Design a practical Q&A work plan tailored to your team's activities
• Identify means by which you and your colleagues can collaborate and coordinate with other agencies to improve the quality and accountability of a humanitarian response
What else will you take away?
• The latest news and developments in Q&A
• Shared learning and experience from peers on the practical implementation of Q&A
• An extended network of colleagues working towards a shared goal
• An update on your training skills and more tips on adult learning
• You have attended previously a Training of Trainers course or a workshop conducted by one of the Q&A initiatives
• You are a leader in promoting Q&A
• You have experience in implementing Q&A approaches and tools, managing projects or programmes, training and learning
• You have a 'good enough' command of English
How to apply?
Reply to the following three questions (max. one page in total)
1. What is your motivation to join this course?
2. Give us a practical example of your role in promoting Q&A in humanitarian response
3. How would you apply the learning gained from the course in the future?
Send your response along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 1st of June 2012.
Tuition fee to cover the accommodation cost in Naivasha is 700 USD per participant.
Participants will have to cover their travel to Nairobi, and their accommodation while in Nairobi.
The deadline to submit applications is by 1st of June 2012