Translate with Google Translate
An independent humanitarian and development consultant with over 20-years experience of strategic and operational management of international programme, policy and research work at country, regional and headquarters level with significant expertise in;
- Programme review and evaluation: Team leadership of large humanitarian evaluations with a specialism in participatory research techniques. Also experienced in peacebuilding and conflict management evaluation and in leading corporate-level management reviews.
- Sector-level leadership: Significant experience working with agencies across the sector including NGOs, UN agencies, donors, the Red Cross Movement and inter-agency networks and research organisations
- Humanitarian policy and research: Areas of specialism include humanitarian reform, futures, principles, partnership, space, financing and accountability, disaster risk reduction and resilience. Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research, community perceptions studies and development of policy papers.
- Strategy development & advisory support: Provision of advice and technical support on fragile states, humanitarian engagement and post-conflict programming.
- Operational management and capacity building: Experienced senior manager including management, mentoring & capacity building. Strong organisational development, change management and facilitation skills.