Translate with Google Translate
Evaluation of Kenya Drought Response 2011/2012: Using Oxfam GB's Global Humanitarian Indicator Tool
About this resource
This evaluation uses a new methodology designed to enable Oxfam GB to estimate how many disasteraffected men and women globally have received humanitarian aid from Oxfam GB that meets established standards for excellence.
The methodology is based on a Humanitarian Indicator Tool consisting of 12 quality standards with associated benchmarks, and a scoring system (see Annex 2). It requires documented evidence, complemented by verbal evidence, to be collected and analysed against these benchmarks. A score is generated for the programme?s results against each standard, and as a cumulative total.To evaluate the Kenya response, the methodology comprised of the following steps:
- Presentation of methodology and process to Kenya team.
- Identification and provision of relevant documentation
- Initial analysis of documentation and identification of gaps
- Interviews/correspondence with staff and partners to obtain supplementary information.
- Assessment of all evidence against the benchmarks
- Submission of draft report to the Kenya team for review
- Final analysis and completion of evaluative report.