Translate with Google Translate
IDEA Associate II
Organisation: Catholic Relief Services
Posted on: 5 January 2017
Application deadline: 19 February 2017
Job Title: IDEA Associate II
Department/Country: Institutional Donor Engagement and Advancement (IDEA) Department
Location: Baltimore, MD-USA
Hours: Full time
Reports to: Line management accountability assigned to Vice President, Institutional Donor Engagement and Advancement
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
The Institutional Donor Engagement and Advancement (IDEA) department includes cross-disciplinary teams of business development, award compliance, and relationship management specialists organized around high-priority public institutions and foundation donors and corporate partners. The department leads CRS’ strategic engagement with priority public donors and provides specialized services to help CRS acquire, manage, and steward resources and relationships.
The Associate II is a generalist position with a focus on knowledge management and learning activities.
S/he will be responsible for coordinating support for any department learning or meeting events. The IDEA department hosts learning events throughout the year and will be hosting at least three significant learning events in 2017: 1) The first annual Award Compliance and Negotiation (ACAN) Bootcamp in February, 2) the annual Business Development Summit in August, and 3) a Fellows Business Development Bootcamp in August.
The Associate II will also have responsibility for producing high quality data reports and providing basic analysis for CRS leadership including board meetings and other leadership uses. The Associate is extremely organized, meticulous, delivers accurate work, and is always aware of and communicates critical schedules. S/he has a deep appreciation for working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional datasets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions.
The Associate II will play a key role in the operations of the department. This position will allow the Associate II to:
• Have exposure to the award process for US Government, non US Government, and Foundations and Corporations
• Design and implement various processes related to event management and logistical coordination of key donor meetings, trainings, and events
• Meet and network with a dynamic group of CRS local and global staff
• Apply knowledge of various applications & platforms such as SharePoint and Sales Force
This position offers a window into the organization, and will provide insight into the workings of a large non-profit, international organization.
• Coordinate the Award Compliance and Negotiation Bootcamp; the next scheduled Bootcamp is in February, 2017
• Plan and prepare for the annual Business Development Summit and the Fellows Business Development Bootcamp.
• Prepare for multi-day events involving staff from our overseas departments including:
o coordinating with off-site venues and hotels
o arranging travel arrangements, catering, ordering supplies and printed materials
o managing costs and budget within approved parameters
o establishing and tracking deadlines and agendas
• Manage IDEA’s frequent donor visits at our Baltimore office as well as other trainings and events.
• Develop department sponsored learning events and look for new opportunities to advance the needs of the department.
• Support department activities and information sharing by preparing reports and presentations, and monitoring budgets and other financial matters as needed.
• Produce and analyze data reports for board meetings and other leadership uses.
• Ensure data quality; analyze operation and donor and industry trend data and provide key insights to leadership.
• Work with business and finance teams to develop functional specifications, analyze data requirements, and develop ad-hoc reports.
• Work with business intelligence tools to model multidimensional datasets.
• Partner with customers to answer key business questions.
• Update the department’s SharePoint site.
• Help maintain, update and streamline records, including calendars, databases, and spreadsheets
• Proofread and provide review on documents, correspondence and presentations
• Author department wide flash reports
• Process administrative requests for the IDEA department as needed
• Coordinate projects that may involve working with all levels of internal management and staff.
• Exercise a great deal of discretion, as position is frequently provided with highly confidential information.
• Support the Vice President as needed
• International travel and short term assignments may be requested.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Overseas Operations, US Operations, Human Resources, Charitable Giving, Impact Investing, Finance
External: US Government Agencies, Foreign Governments, UN, Foundations and Corporations
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least two years of relevant experience in administration and event coordination
• Ability to bring projects to successful completion
• Excellent written communication skills, ability to edit and proofread documents
• Self-motivated; proactive worker
• Good work ethics, respects time and meets deadlines
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
• Prior experience with the SharePoint and Sales Force platforms preferred
• Strong data visualization and presentation skills preferred
• Must be fluent in written and spoken English
• Ability to travel internationally
• Flexible schedule as needed
The attributes required to be successful as include being extremely efficient, organized, curious about new information and resourceful. The position requires exemplifying professionalism and a positive image. As the department representative, you must be punctual and timely in completing assigned tasks. This will be a flexible and deadline driven environment.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
• Demonstrates an understanding of standard business development strategies and resource mobilization techniques
• Demonstrates a basic knowledge of business development strategies and with guidance, can apply the critical performance skill in common situations that present limited difficulties.
• Support and manage the flow of information through appropriate procedures and systems for collecting, organizing, retrieving, maintaining and disseminating information
• Utilizing resources effectively and efficiently to achieve organizational goals.
• Represent CRS internally and externally with poise and diplomacy. Foster networks and partnerships that position CRS or the department in a manner that articulates our value
• Demonstrates an understanding of key partnership concepts
• Organizes and facilitates straightforward meetings to achieve basic outcomes
• Regularly required to sit at a desk; work at a computer; type
• Occasionally lifts, carries, and /or moves objects weighing less than 25 pounds
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online: http://bit.ly/2jfeHBs