Learning from disruption: evolution, revolution or status quo?
19–21 October 2021 | Virtual event | #ALNAP21
Watch recordings Read the meeting study
Over the past 17 months external forces have brought about unplanned and unanticipated disruptions to humanitarian action. The 2021 ALNAP Meeting looked at whether these external shocks have the power to make permanent changes to how the humanitarian system works and who delivers aid.
Guest speakers included:
- Jan Egeland, Secretary General, Norwegian Refugee Council and former UN Emergency Relief Co-ordinator
- Wafaa Saeed Abdelatef, Acting Director, Coordination Division, UNOCHA
- Heba Aly, Chief Executive Officer, The New Humanitarian
- Jeremy Konyndyk, Executive Director, COVID-19, Office of the Administrator, USAID
- Jagan Chapagain, Secretary General, International Federation Red Cross/Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Hibak Kalfan, Executive Director, Network for Empowered Aid Response (NEAR)